Sunday 30 October 2016

SWCP 8

SWCP is the South West Coast Path and this was the eighth year that my husband and father-in-law walked a section. They started out from Poole in 2008 and hope to arrive in Minehead in 2018 or 2019 depending how the last few sections go.

These pages are for my 2015 album, which I am close to completing now. They were always going to be photo-heavy and I thought that this would be a double page. However, since I have almost completed the album, I know exactly how the pages are fitting together and I don't have the right space for a double. A single page just wouldn't be big enough so I pondered making three pages, and remembered Shimelle's 4x6 Photo Love class for eight photos which consisted of a shorter page sitting in front of a standard 12x12 page so that it opens up to reveal extra pictures 'inside'.

I have sixteen smaller photos on my triple page, which fits with the first of Shimelle's challenges in an impromptu scrapbooking weekend which started on Friday evening.

This is the initial view of the page:


which then opens up:


I bought loads of the blue paper a few years ago so that the coast path pages in each annual album are on the same backgrounds. I printed all my photos at the same height for a simple design, and filled in the gaps at the ends of the lines with patterned paper, journalling and embellishments. I also wrote photo captions between the two rows of pictures.

Supplies
Paper - Craft Creations, Carta Bella Ahoy There, My Mind's Eye Chalk Studio
Letters - October Afternoon
Stickers - Jillibean Soup, Cosmo Cricket
Enamel Dots/Shapes - Doodlebug
Pearls - Craft for Occasions
Washi Tape - Papermania (Yellow Unknown)
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot & X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die

No comments:

Post a Comment