Monday 3 October 2016

Seasonal Cards

Saturday was World Card-Making Day and I joined in with some of the sketch challenges posted by Sketch-n-Scrap on Facebook. The first challenge was to create two cards using the same sketch and a seasonal theme, with each card representing a different season.

I'd had a sort through my box of 'bits that might be useful for cards' a couple of days earlier, reminding myself what was in there and binning some things that I won't use. This meant that I could quickly pull out a Christmas tree die cut for my first card, which I paired with some KaiserCraft papers.

The second one took a bit longer; I wanted some flowers for spring or summer (depending what I found) but I shuffled various options for a while. Eventually I hit on some Jen Hadfield stickers, and used foam squares to layer one over a stamped background for a spring-themed birthday card.


I used gold peel-off stickers at all the paper joins and for the sentiments. I also spattered the background of the Christmas card with gold mist.


1 comment:

  1. very cute cards! thanks for sharing!

    Alicia
    Sketch N Scrap DT
    Quick Quotes DT
    Dies R Us Inspiration DT

    ReplyDelete