Saturday 5 November 2016

Family Ties

I bought a new mask a few months ago and it's been sitting on the shelf ever since, mocking me in its unused state. I've wanted to use it, but it says 'single photo page' to me, and I've been making lots of multi-photo pages recently.

While I was busy working on finishing my 2015 album, my cousin posted a single photo on Facebook that I really wanted to scrapbook. Finally I had a good photo to go with my mask. I kept the page fairly simple, inking through the mask with four colours of distress ink and layering my photo on a 'messy stack' of 6x6 papers. Once I was almost finished, I decided to cut down my page slightly and mount it on a contrasting background; I couldn't find a new background that worked for me, so I used the distress inks again with white cardstock for a co-ordinating custom-made paper.


Supplies
Cardstock - Moments Scrapbook Insert 
Paper - Heidi Swapp Wanderlust, Studio Calico Sundrifter, KaiserCraft Secret Bird Society, Echo Park This & That
Letters - Pretty Little Studio
Puffy Sticker - Fancy Pants
Word Sticker - Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes
Button & Heart - from Stash
Ink - Ranger, Docrafts
Mist - Cosmic Shimmer, Docrafts

Tools
Docrafts Hexagons Mask
American Crafts Simple Scallop Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment