Wednesday 30 November 2016

Wolfgangsee Schifffahrt

I do love a German compound word, and I'll use a few of them for my page titles for our Austrian holiday. Schifffahrt means something like ship-ride and is the ferry service on Wolfgangsee (or Lake Wolfgang). My page has photos of two of those ships - Kaiser Franz Josef I is a paddle steamer built in 1873, the first ferry on the lake and still in use during the summer months, and Österreich, a more modern ship that we actually travelled on. We spent a day using the ferries to visit the other villages around the lake.

One of the prompts in Shimelle's Design Decisions class was about using grids, but her page wasn't what I expected. I think of grids meaning all the elements on the page being the same size and shape, but Shimelle put a grid of embellishments and journalling alongside standard 4x6 photos. My page is similar, but I didn't have room to journal on my grid so I moved that to the top of the page.




Supplies
Paper - Webster's Pages Seaside Retreat, Pink Paislee Atlas
Vellum - My Mind's Eye
Letters - American Crafts, KaiserCraft
Ink - Docrafts

No comments:

Post a Comment