Tuesday 15 November 2016

Gasthof zur Post

I've no plans to make my pages from Austria in order, but this one will come fairly early in the album - it's the hotel that we stayed in. The Gasthof zur Post in St Gilgen is more than 600 years old and full of quirky touches like the vintage luggage on the landings.


I used Sketch #116 from Sketch-n-Scrap for this page, keeping fairly close to the original in the paper layers but moving the embellishments around.

I'm supposed to be working from a kit of papers for my Austrian pages, but I've already pulled in two more - the red floral and the filmstrip were not in my original selection. I cut the geotag from a Simple Stories card, and repeated its wood-grain pattern in two other places.

I've also put my Big Shot to use, cutting both the title letters and the chevrons on it.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill Lagoon
Paper - Pink Paislee Atlas, My Mind's Eye Chalk Studio II, American Crafts Shimelle
Cards - Simple Stories Good Day Sunshine
Washi Tape - Unknown
Sticker - Pebbles
Gems - Scrapberry's
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Big Shot, Little B Arrows Die & Sizzix Wallflower Alphabet Dies

8 comments:

  1. What a fun page! Looks like a neat place to visit! Love your take on the sketch, thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great page! Love the arrows that really draw your eye to the photos! Thanks for playing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful page. I really love your papers. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! I love the colors and papers that you used! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout! Lovely choice in papers and colors! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super neat layout! great job with the sketch and what a neat trip!
    thank you for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layout - love the colors and patterns of the papers you chose and the alpha diecuts! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete