Monday 7 November 2016

A New Project - Austria 2016

I've been waiting on an order from the US before I start scrapbooking our holiday in Austria this summer; the first parcel got lost so it's been a long wait, but finally I'm ready to get started.

I have two approaches to scrapbooking our main summer holidays - cruises (we've done 5) get their own albums; other holidays get scrapped in the main annual albums. When I make cruise albums (or other themed albums) I gather a kit together and use that for the whole album; in contrast my annual albums are a collection of separate pages, each one made individually.

I've decided to combine the two approaches here. The pages from Austria will all be made from a kit but they will be housed in my 2016 album; using a kit will make it clear that all the pages belong together and they will form a distinct subsection of the album. I did this earlier in the year with a set of pages from our canal holiday and I feel that it worked really well.

I've chosen to base the kit around Pink Paislee's Atlas collection, which has lots of bright colours; it's travel themed but not overly so, with plenty of simple patterns. 



I have the 12x12 pad, the enamel shapes, the tags and the Instagram cards from Atlas, but they won't be enough for all the pages I plan to do. Normally with a project like this I make all the pages on the same plain cardstock background, but this time I'm going to use patterned paper for a more varied look so I've pulled in We R Memory Keepers' Quoted collection which has many similar colours, plus a number of single sheets from American Crafts, Pink Paislee, My Mind's Eye and others.



I've also pulled out a cut-apart sheet from Jillibean Soup, a labels paper from Pink Paislee, various stickers and journalling cards, plus some Simple Stories Insta-square cards and Project Life cards in co-ordinating colours. 



There are a couple of tile alphabets in that bundle, but I intend to pick the letters for each page title as I go along. I have lots of part packs in my stash (don't we all!) and I'd like to use a few up rather than buying new ones for these pages. I will be adding other embellishments (brads, enamel shapes, gems, wood veneer pieces etc) as I go along, and also intend to put both my Big Shot and my Silhouette Portrait to good use.


No comments:

Post a Comment