Friday 16 June 2017

Paper Pieced Birthday Card

June's a heavy month for birthdays around here, five in a row from the 9th to the 13th, plus a few more at either end of the month. I often employ my Silhouette for cards, and I decided to try paper piecing for this one. I found a free clip art image of two beer tankards and traced it with the Silhouette software, before ungrouping the design and cutting it in four colours of cardstock.




I'd intended to ink the edges of all the pieces, but I forgot for the first couple of colours. Sadly one of my cardstocks has a white core and that's noticeable on the card. I really will have to remember to ink the edges to disguise that next time. Also, I feel that the card looks a bit 'flat'; I think I should have painted or inked something on the background card behind the beer tankards.


No comments:

Post a Comment