Monday 4 June 2018

Cartmel Overnight

I'd printed an assortment of photos before National Scrapbooking Day, different numbers and sizes including a couple of sets for double pages. One of them was a group of five 4x3 photos from Cartmel in Cumbria where we stayed for a night last December having won a night's B&B in a raffle.

I decided to scrap those photos for a simple challenge from For the Love of Pretty Paper, to use a vertical striped paper. I had a large scrap of striped paper that suited the colours of the old buildings in Cartmel rather well so I started arranging and rearranging the photos on the page for a layout that I liked. One thing that soon struck me was that the photo of Cartmel Priory was just too small. The other buildings filled their frames but I'd taken the Priory photo from a distance to include the graveyard and it looked too small and insignificant. I printed it again at 4x6 and I'm much happier now, the building is a similar size to the others and it seems more balanced. Back to rearranging the photos and I decided on a circle of photos backed by a circle of the striped paper.



Supplies
Paper - Bo Bunny Double Dot, KaiserCraft Madame Boutique
Stickers - Bo Bunny Mama-razzi, atd
Enamel Dots - Doodlebug

Tools
Kreaxions Circle Cutter
Silhouette Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment