Wednesday 13 June 2018

Play Date

My blog posts have been running behind my scrapbooking recently, and I made this page at the end of May from one of the sketch challenges in the Quirky Kit Subscribers Group on Facebook. 

I decided to kill off a 6x6 pad for this page, an old one from My Mind's Eye that I have been trying to finish for a while but there's always more there than I think. It was mostly odd shaped scraps, perfect for punching lots of circles which I arranged in a similar way to those on the sketch, though mine are smaller so I used more.


I thought that the jumble of patterns and colours would work well with a toddler photo, so picked an old one of my son and my friend's daughter and matted it on a neutral woodgrain with a few scraps from the pad layered at the edge. The page looked unfinished to my eye so I let it sit for a while before adding a doodled outline to each circle, a few epoxy stars and some word stickers.



Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - My Mind's Eye 
Letters - American Crafts
Word Stickers - Authentique
Epoxy Stars - Funny Sticker World
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Mister Huey's, Cosmic Shimmer, Tattered Angels

Tools
X-Cut Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment