Saturday 23 June 2018

Anniversary Party - Invitations

We'll be celebrating our Silver Wedding Anniversary next month with a party, and I decided to make all the invitations rather than buy them. I kept the design simple, with easy to repeat shapes, but it was still quite a time-consuming process. Having made a prototype, and agreed a few tweaks with my husband, I roped him in to a production-line process rather than making each card individually.

We printed our invitations on one side of some 4x6 cards and then decorated the other side. We picked a variety of floral patterned papers (using up some older, thinner papers in the process) and I cut them to size for the backgrounds, before he rounded opposite corners and I inked the edges. I cut a pile of 25s from silver card on my Silhouette portrait and stuck those down while he punched a load of hearts from coloured cardstock; we joined forces to stick the hearts in pairs on the patterned side of each invitation and also above the wording on the printed side.


These are just two of the invitations we made. We used about six different patterns in all and varied the colours of the hearts to match. We intend to repeat the silver 25s and the punched hearts in our table decorations on the day.


1 comment:

  1. These are really nice cards. WOW to 25 years of marriage - well done you two!

    ReplyDelete