Friday 29 June 2018

Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt - June

It's been a slow start to the Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt for me this year. A day in London would normally yield a few finds but I didn't have much spare time on my latest trip (for business) and only managed one:

5 - Pedal Power
A row of 'Boris Bikes' from London's public cycle hire scheme (named after the former mayor).



Here's the full list: 
  1. The Rosiness Of Red
  2. Stripes
  3. A Framed View
  4. Wings
  5. Pedal Power
  6. Glorious Green
  7. An Unexpected Reflection
  8. A Pile Of
  9. Looks Smaller Than You
  10. A Field of Plenty
  11. Pretty In Pink
  12. Bell(s)
  13. Equal Portions
  14. A Trilogy Of Three
  15. Out Of The Blue
  16. Something That Could Be From A Favourite Book/Movie
  17. Re-purposed
  18. Currency; Coinage or Paper (the odd, the different, the beautiful)
  19. Picture Postcard Perfect
  20. Mellow Yellow
Alternate A: a shopping bag (not the store's plastic)
Alternate B: a coupon to use

I thought it was an interesting list when it was published, but now I'm finding it to be a challenging list too. So many of the prompts are open to interpretation that it's been harder than just going out to take pictures of say a church or a post box which are clearly defined.

Still, there are three months still to go as the hunt runs until 30 September this year, and I'm sure to find a few of these on holiday, especially the currency and the bell (since we will be cruising on a ship which I know has a bell).

This hunt is hosted by Mary-Lou at Patio Postcards, and she's published the list of participating bloggers today. I'm off to check them out, I'm sure most have made more progress than me. Why don't you join in too?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! We must be almost neighbours - I live on the Essex/Herts border! Great picture of the Boris Bikes. I was only saying to my husband this morning that this year's list makes you think of how you can interpret some of them, we need to get our thinking caps on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it hard to get going this year as well. I ended up with 7, but most of them were taken toward the end of June. I also agree that the list is more challenging this year because of the interpretative nature of the list. You did find a great one for wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All are brilliant finds. Well done you. Glad you are joining in Amanada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops one too many a's ... Glad you are joining in Amanda

      Delete