Tuesday 26 June 2018

Mind the Gap

It's been ages since I made a page from our cruise to Iceland, Greenland and Norway last summer. First a poorly computer separated me from my organised photos, then the madness of National Scrapbooking Day (which just wasn't suited to working on this album), and finally a lack of scrapping time recently all mean that it's been three months since my last page.

I'd rather like to get this album finished before we cruise again later this year. Otherwise I know that the newer photos will demand my attention and I'll never get this one done. (Ask me how I know - I haven't finished a holiday album from 2009 yet and it's haunting me.)

So... it's back to Iceland and a tour we took from Akureyri. It was the only ship's tour we did, we normally prefer to do our own thing but this seemed to be the best way of seeing the geology of a country shaped by volcanic activity. One of the places we visited was Dimmuborgir National Park, and our guide stopped beside this crack in the ground to explain that it is the boundary between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates, which are moving apart at the rate of around 1" per year.


Shimelle's Page
I printed a couple of photos of the fault line, one in 4x6 and one in 3x4 as they are different in scale and I didn't think they would work as a pair if I printed them at the same size, and then went looking for a sketch or scraplift that suited them. I came up with Glitter Girl Adventure 056, where Shimelle had a deliberate space between her two photos that I found attractive. 

My page isn't a carbon copy; once I had the initial placement of photos and mats I did my own thing with the positioning of my title, journalling and embellishments.



Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Sensations, Bazzill, Papermania
Paper - Photo Play Boarding Pass, Jillibean Soup Staples, Basic Grey, Pink Paislee Memorandum
Letters - American Crafts

Tag - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine
Word Stickers - Tim Holtz
Washi Tape - Ebay, Little B
Enamel Dots - Studio Calico, Simple Stories
Ink - Ranger

Mist - Mister Huey's, Docrafts

Tools
American Crafts/Shimelle Stamps
Big Shot & Spellbinders Circle Dies

No comments:

Post a Comment