Monday 10 December 2018

Amazing

We've been enjoying a series of Winter Olympics themed challenges over at For the Love of Pretty Paper with 12 of the 15 challenges posted so far. They're being set at a nice steady rate with plenty of time before the January deadline, but every so often the team throw in an extra challenge with a short deadline. The latest surprise challenge was another combination - to use any four of the first six prompts on one page.

To recap, the first six challenges were: the Luge - a horizontal element that spans the page; Biathlon - five circles in a row; Cross Country Skiing - no tools; Snowboarding - mixed media; Bobsleigh - transport theme; Skeleton - minimalist.

As with the last combination challenge, I didn't feel that I could fit this to a cruise page so I'm scrapping a different recent photo, one of my son being awarded Employee of the Month. The change of subject meant that I was free to pursue the challenge elements without needing this page to fit in with the rest of the album.

Having only a single photo, and no major design considerations in the challenge, I looked for a sketch to get me started and hit on this one from Hey Little Magpie which already has a horizontal element and a simple, minimalist feel to it.

My final challenge choices were the horizontal element (stripy paper strips); five circles in a row (on the star paper); transport (an Amazon van); minimalist (page made with minimal supplies - one paper pad and one sheet of cardstock).



Supplies
Cardstock - My Mind's Eye Kraft Funday
Paper - Recollections Awesome Boy
Letters - Prima
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template
X-Cut Circle Punch
Hobbycraft Small Star Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment