Friday 7 December 2018

Worth the Wait

I had been working through the Winter Olympics themed challenges in order of publication over at For the Love of Pretty Paper, but then Natalie threw in a curve-ball, an extra challenge with a shorter deadline. I pondered missing it out as it didn't fit with my cruise pages, but then the completist in me decided to switch subjects and tackle it anyway.

Freestyle skiing has different disciplines and our 'normal' challenge was our choice of four different elements: using only the top half of the page (for aerial skiing); using scallops (for mogul skiing); using lots of Xs (for ski cross); using zig-zags or chevrons (for half-pipe skiing). The surprise bonus challenge was to include all four elements on one page.

We saw the comedian Dave Gorman perform live recently but I only have a few photos as I forgot to put a memory card in my camera (doh!) and it only has enough internal memory for five pictures. However five was enough and I chose two of them for my page, together with Sketch 26 from Shimelle's Sketch to Scrapbook Page series.

I decided to use my Xs in a column on each side of my paper layers, picked out four sets of alphas in the same font from Jillibean Soup, and used these to set the colour palette for my page, though I added a few touches of red in order to tie in with the red in my photos.



Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Basic Grey Picadilly, The Robin's Nest, Lasting Impressions, Echo Park Note to Self, My Mind's Eye
Letters - Basic Grey, Jillibean Soup
Washi Tape - Tesco
Stickers - Bella Boulevard, OneCanoeTwo
Enamel Dots - Simple Stories
Ink - Memento
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
X-Cut Scalloped Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment