Thursday 13 December 2018

Meet the Fleet

Time for another page from Cádiz where, as I've said previously, the whole Fred.Olsen fleet was in the same port on the same day. I couldn't take any photos of all four together because of the way they were docked, so this page has four separate photos, one of each ship.

When making the page, I wanted to get away from a rectangular block of photos as I know I will have lots of pages with two 4x6 prints and I need some variety. I hit on placing them in a sort of diamond shape, then realised that this arrangement would work on a background with a large circle. I started by inking one circle with a mask and then stitching another larger one touching the first, but I didn't have a clear plan beyond that. This lead to a plain-ish page, with stamping and stencilling but no patterned paper.



Supplies
Cardstock - The Range
Letters - American Crafts
Embroidery thread - DMC
Ink - VersaMagic, Memento
Mist - Mister Huey's, Heidi Swapp
Star Gems - Simply Creative
Enamel Shapes - Marianne Designs

Tools
Heidi Swapp Circle Mask
Heidi Swapp Dots Stencil
Dovecraft Beautiful Borders Stamps
American Crafts/Shimelle Word Stamps
Studio Calico Stars Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment