Monday 19 August 2019

Cruise Iberian Cities

My 2019 album is up-to-date now in terms of printed photos (though there are two more pages that I need to print pictures for) so I'm going back to my cruise album for last year. I'm determined to stick with it until it's done as I'm only a few pages away from finishing it now. All the photos are printed so there are no excuses, and I want it done and dusted before we go away again.

I'm starting at the beginning of the album, as I hadn't made a title page yet. I rarely make these until nearer the end of the process so that I can use scraps from across the album and photos that I like but which haven't made it onto a page yet. Sometimes, I just have to wait for the right sketch or challenge to come along, and in this case it was a scraplift challenge from Scrap Squad that gave me the inspiration for this page.

Scrap Squad choose a page to scraplift each week, and Week 11 was this one from Jen Schow for Hip Kit Club. 

I adapted it for six landscape photos, changing the original tags and pennants to elongated chevron frames. With wider photos, I rotated the background, keeping the torn paper edges from Jen's page and adding strips of torn glitter tape into the layers.

I cut the title on my Silhouette to run across the width of the page, and used letter stickers to add the countries we visited below the photos.




I'm ticking off the holiday, adventure, water and sunshine prompts from Lottie Loves Paper's Scrap Your Summer event with this page; also numbers and fussy-cutting for week two of For the Love of Pretty Paper's Summer Fiesta .

Supplies
Paper - Pink Paislee Auburn Lane, KaiserCraft Finders Keepers
Letters - Anita's Glitterations
Numbers - Pebbles
Glitter Tape - Hobbycraft?
Ink - Memento

Tools
Silhouette Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment