Tuesday 13 August 2019

Laura & Matt

I'm sticking with my 2019 album today, with a series of pages from a wedding we attended in June. I didn't take many photos, but I couldn't resist pinching some from Facebook when the bride shared them so I ended up with enough for a 12x12 page plus two pocket pages.

I chose papers to match the bridesmaids' dresses, going almost monochromatic in the process. I won these last year; they're not my normal taste, a bit fancy and floral, but perfect for wedding pages.


My single page is based on Sketch #178 from Sketch-n-Scrap, published back in June, and has photos of the bride and groom inside the church and the whole congregation outside afterwards.

One of my papers had cut-apart pieces on one side which was really useful for making matching embellishments. The butterfly came from the place settings at the reception and I backed the patterned wing with matching cardstock.



The majority of the photos were taken at the reception venue and I filled the front and back of a divided page protector with them, choosing one with a mix of landscape and portrait photos.


I filled half the pockets with 4x6 photos and chose the same papers as before to fill the rest. Most of them have smaller photos, but one just has a floral cut-apart piece. I'd originally kept a pocket back for journalling but in the end that all went on the 12x12 page.



For the Love of Pretty Paper is running a Summer Fiesta again this year, with six weekly sets of prompts. Each set is made up of seven ideas (one per day) which you can combine if you wish. These pages are for Week 3 where I chose to use florals, punches and bunting.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Prima Zella Teal, KaiserCraft Sage & Grace, KaiserCraft My Year My Story
Letters - American Crafts
Labels - Pretty Little Studio
Stickers - Tim Holtz
Enamel Shapes - Marianne Designs

Tools
Big Shot & X-Cut Bunting Die
Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch
Hobbycraft Heart Punch

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty pages, I like your blend of traditional 12X12 with pocket pages.

    ReplyDelete