Thursday 12 September 2019

Cruise Norway 2019 - A New Project

No sooner has one cruise album been completed than along comes another one. I finished last year's album pages a couple of days before we embarked on a new adventure, ordered albums which arrived while we were away and made their title cards on the weekend after we returned. 

Now it's time to get started on a new cruise album, though this will be a smaller task than the last one; it was a nine night cruise with six ports of call, only one of which was new to us.

I couldn't find a suitable collection for my last cruise album and pieced together a kit from an assortment of manufacturers and collections, but this time it's been much easier. Pinkfresh Studio released their Out and About collection at the start of the year and I fell in love with it immediately; the colours and motifs are perfect for me and I bought the 12x12 paper pack, the 6x6 pad, the die-cuts, puffy stickers and flat stickers.



There are only 16 sheets in the 12x12 pack though so I need some more papers to go with these (especially as I prefer to use patterned paper rather than plain cardstock for my backgrounds). I started by choosing more papers from Pinkfresh Studio, hoping that the colours would match across the collections as I was buying online rather than in person. There are a couple of 6x6 pads in this photo - I already had Let Your Heart Decide but Escape the Ordinary is a new purchase.



Out and About has certain similarities to Atlas from Pink Paislee which I had used for my Austria 2016 album. I've dug out my leftovers from that collection and will mix in some of these items (but probably not the bright green papers).



Finally I have a mixture of individual sheets from various manufacturers including Pink Paislee, American Crafts, Echo Park and Simple Stories, some old and some new. The vellum hearts and the cameras are both Shimelle papers that I intend to cut into strips to repeat throughout the album.



I've pulled out an assortment of small embellishments such as puffy stickers and enamel dots, more rolls of washi tape than are probably sensible, several alphabets and various part-packs of stickers to go with all of these papers. I'll pull other things from my stash as I go along too, and then keep them with my album kit until it's finished so that I can repeat them.


1 comment:

  1. Oh another cruise, sounds like fun, maybe more finds for SPSH. I think all that you have pulled together to make your own kit work well. It inspires me to start again at making my own kits.

    ReplyDelete