Sunday 15 September 2019

Norway 2019

I generally make the title pages for my albums near the end, but I had a very clear idea of the page that I wanted to make this time so it's the first one instead.

Sketch by Laura Rumble for FTLOPP
I've wanted to use the Globe cut-file from the Silhouette Store for some time, and considered it for the title page of my last cruise album, but I couldn't work out how to incorporate it into the page. 

I wasn't initially inspired by last month's sketch over at For the Love of Pretty Paper but I did like the filmstrip that Laura included. It took a few weeks before I realised that I could substitute my globe for the ice cream in the sketch.

I cut the whole globe in white cardstock and inked the land masses, then cut the stand again in dark grey cardstock to layer over the white. The filmstrip is another cut-file, one from The Cut Shoppe that I manipulated to remove the original wording attached to it, and resized to suit the scale of my globe.



Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill, Craft Sensations
Paper - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Oh Happy Life, Carol Wilson Fine Arts
Letters - American Crafts
Die-Cuts - Pinkfresh Studio Out and About
Puffy Stickers - Pinkfresh Studio, Elle's Studio
Enamel Dots - Pretty My Page
Ink - Memento, Docrafts

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Hero Arts Globe Cut-File
The Cut Shoppe 'The Big Screen' Cut-Files

1 comment:

  1. I really like the globe & the strip of photos on the side - I must think of a way to scraplift this one.

    ReplyDelete