Monday 30 September 2019

Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt

It's feeling rather autumnal round here all of a sudden, summer is certainly over, and so is the Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt organised by Mary-Lou at Patio Postcards. It's been a long one this year, with an early start, but I have to admit that the longer time-frame didn't really help me and I was still taking the last few photos yesterday.

We had twenty items to find, plus two alternatives in case any of the 20 proved to be impossible, and now it's time to share my final choice of photos. I've posted most of these before, and the new ones are marked as such:

1. An Outdoor Clock
Kings Cross Station, London



2. Single & Pretty 
A single tiny flower near Olden, Norway



3. Repetition
Harry Potter letters at the House of MinaLima, London



4. Blurred Vision
Muse at the Olympic Stadium, London




5. The Word 'Summer'
*NEW* - A last-minute photo of a scrapbook paper from Simple Stories (having failed to find anything better).



6. An Umbrella
Mine in Eidfjord, Norway



7. A Curving Path
A hairpin bend in FlĂ„msdalen, Norway




8. Shells
*NEW* - We haven't been to a beach this year, but I have this shell as a souvenir of a past holiday.


9. A Bridge
Tower Bridge, London



10. Something Made of Stone
The South Bank Lion, London



11. Fish 
Painted on a building in Stavanger, Norway



12. Something Crooked 
*NEW* - The Upside Down House at Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex



13. Two Colours of The Rainbow in Any Combination
Blue and green for Lake Floen near Olden, Norway


14. A Handwritten Sign 
By the coffee stand at my local railway station.



15. A Broken Chair/Bench/Stool
One awaiting repairs in Hellesylt, Norway



(16. An Out of Season Treat Being Enjoyed - I think all our treats were seasonal. Perhaps I should have just bought a hot chocolate but I didn't think of that until too late.)

17. A Sail
*NEW* - The sails of Baker Street Windmill, Orsett



18. Something That Should Be Found In Pairs 
*NEW* - My son's shoe. He's thrown the other one away as it was worn out, but he always buys the same safety shoes for work and he kept this one in case it can form half a new pair in the future if he wears out the right shoe of a different pair!



19. A Funny or Meaningful Bumper Sticker
*NEW* - I failed on this one (despite wandering around a local car park on more than one occasion) so I bring you my office coffee mug instead.


(20. A Favourite Seasonal Scent - I'm really not sure what my favourite seasonal scent would be, or how I would capture it in a photo so I skipped this one.)


A. Bird or Bee House
*NEW* - The homes of solitary bees in a sandy cliff near my home.


B. Fresh Local Produce 
*NEW* - Fruit in a market in Bergen, Norway



So that's it for another year. Thanks to Mary-Lou for curating the Hunt again this summer, and I look forward to seeing what she comes up with next year.

Previous Posts - June; July; August


2 comments:

  1. WOW you did really well with the SPSH. I like your bee's house, very interesting that they burrow into the sand. I struggled with the bumper sticker so I'm impressed with your alternative - excellent! Thanks so much for joining in & I'm glad to hear you're in for next year's, which I agree should be a shorter length of search time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got them all, well done! Don't you wish our mailboxes were overflowing with letters like that.

    ReplyDelete