Sunday 21 February 2021

Devilishly Good

Having finished my 2020 album recently I'm going back to 2018 which is far from complete. I kept the pages in order as I made them, but it's been nearly a year since I added any new ones to the pile. I've written a list of about 20 pages and printed the photos for around half of them, so let's see how far I get before I get sidetracked!

I'm starting in October (why not?) when the Red Devils Army Parachute Display Team did a water jump near us. I'd printed three square photos but I really wanted to scrap them with a sense of movement rather than in a static row or column. Stick It Down had the perfect sketch this month where I could place my 'sky' photo at the top and my two 'landing' photos at the bottom.

I started with a plain white cardstock background which I coloured with stormy sky distress ink and silver acrylic paint. I replaced the diamond shapes from the sketch with pieces from an arrows cut-file which I cut on my Silhouette using a blue cloud print paper with small aeroplanes.


I matted all my photos on black cardstock and then added red cardstock and a chequered paper on two sides of each one. I cut the title from red and black on my Silhouette, and added puffy stars in the same colours to opposite corners. 

Supplies
Cardstock - Crafts UK, Bazzill
Paper - Simply Made Travel Keepsakes, My Mind's Eye Quilting Bee
Letters - Creative Devotion
Puffy Stars - Elle's Studio
Ink - Ranger
Paint - Adirondack
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Silhouette Portrait and The Cut Shoppe 'This Way' Cut-File

7 comments:

  1. Great title and love your mixed media work. Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun background! Love that you thought outside the box. Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout, you did a great job showing "movement"...very cool pictures! I love your bold title, inking, and arrow shaped die cuts. Looks like the Red Devils were super cool to watch, and you did an amazing job showcasing the event! Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down-Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout, I love what you did with the geometric shapes, it looks really neat! And I love how the red and black pop against the background! Thanks for scrapping along with us at Stick It Down this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout! Love all the arrows. Thanks for playing along with Stick It Down ~Sherry DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. The arrows look sort of like gliders or parachutes to me, so great choice for your photos! Thank you so much for playing along at Stick it Down .
    Looking forward to seeing you again next time.
    Love Alex
    PinkCraftyMama
    Stick it Down DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a fun thing to watch! I can't believe you've finished your 2020... there wasn't even much in terms of events to scrap but I'm still not done.

    ReplyDelete