Monday 15 February 2021

Hello Mr Benn

We live near the River Thames, where one particular stretch of the flood defences is covered in an ever-changing array of either graffiti or street art (depending on the quality). I often take photos of the art but they rarely make it further than this blog or Facebook. However one day last summer I saw a few paintings of Mr Benn and the Shopkeeper, a throwback to a TV programme from my childhood, and they were too good not to scrapbook (mostly for the nostalgia).

I went for a distressed chalkboard background and cut a brick wall outline on my Silhouette to start off. I placed that vertically and ran my photos horizontally across the page, layered over papers from my scraps box.


Supplies
Cardstock - DCWV
Paper - Craft Sensations Chalkboard, American Crafts/Shimelle Head in the Clouds, Cherry Arte
Letters - American Crafts
Stickers - American Crafts/Shimelle, Simple Stories, Pretty Little Studio
Washi Tape - American Crafts/Shimelle, Ebay
Flair - Dotty About Flair

Tools
Silhouette Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment