Sunday 20 June 2021

Father's Day Card

Happy Father's Day to anyone who's celebrating today.

I use this month's card sketch from Stick It Down to make a card for my dad, choosing it as the three squares on the sketch just shouted to me to add the letters D-A-D.

I used a 5x7 card blank, covered it with a leaf print paper and matched the leaf colour with a scrap of cardstock for the strip across the card. I chose a complementary blue paper for the squares and topped them with corrugated kraft letter stickers. Finally I copied the star from the sketch with one which I die-cut from the same cardstock as the horizontal strip.



5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card for "Dad"! I love the corrugated "Dad" stickers. The filigree star is the perfect addition. Thank you so much for joining us at Stick It Down--Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great card. I love how the squares were used for DAD. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
    Mandi, card DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the paper you used for the background, great masculine card! Thanks for joining us for Stick it downs June Sketch!
    Monica- Card DT https://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card for Father's Day! Great take on the sketch challenge and I love all the details on this card. Thank you so much for joining us at Stick It Down this month! Maya, card DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great take on the sketch! Lovin' your Father's Day card!! You really did a great job with it! Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete