Monday 7 June 2021

Red, White and Blue

Last NSD page now, and I confess that it's the one I like the least. I made it for the 'Abstract Art' challenge from For the Love of Pretty Paper which was to make a monochromatic page and to use large brushstrokes. 

I started by looking for a photo which would suit a single-colour page, and found one of my sister at a fancy dress barbecue. The theme for the event was red, white and blue, and she dressed as a tin of blue paint (also available in red and white), which tied in with the brush strokes required.

I based my page on Sketch-n-Scrap's Sketch #225, making my background from a mix of painted brushstrokes, washi tape and paper scraps.


Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Pinkfresh Studio Dream On, American Crafts/Dear Lizzy Star Gazer, Pinkfresh Studio A Case of the Blahs, Jillibean Soup Soup Staples
Letters - Doodlebug, Docrafts
Butterfly Die-Cuts - Jillibean Soup?
Word Stickers - Tim Holtz Idea-Ology
Washi Tape - Hobbycraft?
Flair - Dotty About Flair
Puffy Stars - Elle's Studio
Enamel Stars - Doodlebug
Gems - KaiserCraft?
Paint - Golden
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Big Shot & Dovecraft Label Die
X-Cut Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment