Saturday 4 September 2021

Discover Dungeness

Before we went away, I'd embarked on a series of pages for a day walk around Dungeness in Kent. I'm making them out of order so this one comes before the last one I shared and is a double page overview of the day.

The '-ness' part of Dungeness means headland, the area is sort of V-shaped with the sea on the two sides of the V, and it's mostly covered in shingle which was very hard on the legs.

I started these pages with a colour palette of yellow ochre, magenta and navy from Heidi Swapp's Wanderlust collection, and I've added aqua into the mix for this one. I've used a slightly odd positioning for my title, splitting it across two places and running the words in different directions, but they fit so well where they are and I don't mind if they are read as title and embellishment instead.




Supplies
Paper - Heidi Swapp Wanderlust
Letters - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine
Word Sticker - Heidi Swapp
Phrase Sticker - Tim Holtz
Tab Die-Cut - Pink Paislee/Paige Evans
Washi Tape - Hobbycraft?
Enamel Dots - Freckled Fawn, Altenew, Pretty My Page

Tools
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment