Monday 20 September 2021

A Different Mayflower

A few months ago I made an additional page for my 2019 album in order to fill in a gap in the story of our daughter's university choice (Yes to University of Sussex). That created a gap in the album which I'm returning to fill now. 

There were a couple of candidates for subjects that I hadn't previously scrapped, and I chose a photo of a steam engine called Mayflower. I had read something on line a few days earlier about her being driven along our local line en route to the Bluebell Railway in Sussex and I turned out early one Saturday to see her go past.

I picked my way through my scraps box for vintage/distressed papers in soft blues, rusty reds and muted browns (based off of the stripy paper to the left of my photo) and cut them into strips which I lined up across the page. I then tucked a mix of ephemera and die-cut labels in among the strips, making the cluster on the right larger than the one on the left.


Supplies
Paper - The Robin's Nest, Bo Bunny, My Mind's Eye
Letters - Prima, Making Memories
Word Stickers - Tim Holtz
Ephemera - Unknown
Epoxy Star - Freckled Fawn
Gems - 
Ink - Memento

Tools
Big Shot
Dovecraft Label Die
The Works Patterned Circle Die
Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch


No comments:

Post a Comment