Sunday 26 September 2021

Scottish Seacation

I often don't make the title page of a holiday album until near the end, but this time it's the first one to be done. I've long had the idea of using a map to show where we sailed, possibly in conjunction with a few highlight photos, but in the end it was just the map that I used.

I printed the map from our cruise operator at the right size to mat it on a 6x8 paper with a black and white border similar to those on a nautical chart. By chance, this made the top part the perfect size to frame with one of the ephemera pieces.


I used one of the Vintage Artistry Sky papers as my background, and stencilled a large compass on it before adding my map, tucking a paper strip and a tab on the right side and a quote at the top. I cut one word each of my title on my Big Shot and my Silhouette and layered them over the empty space on my map.

Supplies
Paper - 49 & Market Vintage Artistry Sky, 49 & Market Vintage Artistry Anywhere
Ephemera - 49 & Market
Numbers - Studio Calico
Vellum Sticker - Studio Calico
Washi Tape - Stampin' Up!
Glitter Tape - The Works
Star Gems - Papermania
Ink - Memento
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Big Shot
The Works Alphabet Dies
Hobbycraft Heart Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment