Wednesday 29 September 2021

Hello Bolette

I very rarely create pages on both sides of a paper these days, but those from 49 & Market are impressively thick, heavier weight than many brands of cardstock, so I didn't hesitate when I noticed that the back of the last page would make a good basis for the next.

This one's an introduction to the ship we cruised on, Fred. Olsen's Bolette which was previously Holland America's Amsterdam and had been refurbished during the cruising shutdown. We sailed on her second voyage and it's unlikely to be the last; we greatly prefer her to Boudicca, the ship she replaced.


I took both photos from atop the White Cliffs of Dover, one of the ship and one of the whole harbour. It's actually quite hard to see Bolette in the bottom photo so I added a small vellum sticker with an arrow pointing at her. I double-matted my pair of photos, with the back layer offset to hold a column of ephemera pieces.

I cut the word 'Bolette' on my Silhouette, and gave it an offset for increased stability as I layered it over the bottom photo. The word 'Hello' gave me more trouble as placing it horizontally gave me trapped space between the two words. I tried a few sizes and fonts of letter stickers before realising that I could curve the word around the 'l' in Bolette.

Supplies
Paper - 49 & Market Vintage Artistry Sky/Coral, 49 & Market Vintage Artistry Anywhere
Letters - Heidi Swapp
Ephemera - 49 & Market
Sticker - Studio Calico
Glitter Tape - The Works
Gems - Love to Craft
Ink - Memento

Tools
Silhouette Portrait


No comments:

Post a Comment