Thursday 14 October 2021

Fireworks Birthday Card

It's my nephew's 18th birthday today, and I initially struggled with his card. I pushed a few design ideas around but nothing that I was happy with. Eventually I did what I should have done in the first place, and turned to the Sketch-n-Scrap blog.

This was their first sketch for World Cardmaking Day and I paired it with Echo Park's Magical Adventure 2 6x6 pad. This collection is Disney-themed but the b-sides are more versatile and the pad provided me with a set of co-ordinating papers. I based the card around the fireworks paper as being suitably celebratory.



5 comments:

  1. This is a great card! I love the color and papers you chose for a great 18 year celebration! Thanks for joining the challenge at Sketch n Scrap. Dorlene DT SNS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect guy card for that age! Love that you used the Disney themed paper, very creative! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute birthday card!! Great take on the card sketch too! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful birthday card. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic masculine birthday card :) Love what you did with the sketch :) Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap
    Tina - DT

    ReplyDelete