Sunday 10 October 2021

The Old Man of Hoy

Up until now I've been scrappping our cruise in order, but our first piece of scenic cruising was Duncansby Sea Stacks, and I missed printing one of the photos I want for that page so I'm skipping over it for now.

The second sight should have been The Needle, on the coast of the island of Hoy, but that was lost in the mist, which brings us to the Old Man of Hoy, one of the tallest sea stacks in the UK and the subject of this page. It was still misty so the Old Man wasn't easy to see, but the photos have printed quite dark and less distinct than they are on my screen. I've scrapped what I have, but also lightened them for reprinting in the next batch of photos I order, and I'll swap the prints over later.

I started off using one of last month's sketches from Sketch-n-Scrap as it had the two photo sizes I'd printed and the tags at the top tie in with the tags on the last page I made. However, I flipped it horizontally and then played about with the paper layers and moved the title so it wasn't a close likeness by the time I'd finished.

This is the first page where I've used a paper other than those I chose from 49 & Market; the brown map is from Heidi Swapp, but I think it's a good match for the colours and prints of Vintage Artistry Anywhere.


Supplies
Paper - 49 & Market Vintage Artistry Anywhere, 49 & Market Vintage Artistry Sage, Heidi Swapp Wanderlust
Letters - Pinkfresh Studio
Ephemera - 49 & Market
Puffy Hearts - Unknown
Gems - Papermania, Love to Craft
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Silhouette Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment