Sunday 1 May 2022

Boosted

I'm switching away from my Canary Islands album and back to my 2021 annual album for this page in order to do a challenge from Dotty About Flair which fitted these photos better. it was set by DT member Lisa and she asked us to use her sketch with at least two patterned papers, five circles and a 'more is more' approach to embellishing.

I used a couple of photos of our local community hospital for my page, to mark us having our Covid booster vaccines last December. I didn't take any photos on the day but in retrospect it seemed worth documenting along with some comments on the Omicron variant, so I went back and took the photos a few days later.

I don't buy lots of ephemera so the band of pieces on the sketch was going to be difficult for me. I planned to use a stripy paper for my background and something busier across the middle, but ended up with a grid and some tiles from Vicki Boutin's Storyteller collection which were much more subtle.


I moved the tag out from behind the photos on the sketch, to sit beside them and hold my journalling, and used a piece of branding strip as a shelf for my title to sit on. Following on from that I added another strip at the top of the page and moved the label clusters on the sketch from being central top and bottom to sitting on the strips. I think I failed on the 'more is more' as my embellishment is quite simple - flower stickers, die-cut leaves and labels and trios of enamel dots.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - American Crafts/Vicki Boutin Storyteller
Letters - American Crafts
Stickers - American Crafts/Vicki Boutin Storyteller
Washi Tape - American Crafts
Enamel Dots - Simple Stories, Stampin' Up!
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Mister Huey's

No comments:

Post a Comment