Tuesday 12 July 2022

Detour

I've hopped over to the island of La Palma for this page. We visited while the volcano Cumbre Vieja was erupting and knew that we would be seeing it from the sea in an evening of scenic cruising so we didn't arrange a daytime visit. However our coach excursion detoured to give us a drive-by view. We didn't stop, but took loads of photos through the coach window in the hope that some of them would be OK.

I printed the best one at 5" x 7" and used a March sketch from Sketch-n-Scrap as the basis for my page. I followed the paper layers quite closely but moved the title, splitting it into two parts (or title and sub-title) above and below the photo. 

I created three clusters of embellishments, repeating elements such as the cork arrow and puffy stars from other pages, and added my journalling on paper strips.




Supplies
Paper - Heidi Swapp Carefree, Jen Hadfield Peaceful Heart, Paige Evans Bungalow Lane
Letters - American Crafts, Heidi Swapp
Die-Cut - Heidi Swapp
Stickers - Heidi Swapp, Tim Holtz
Puffy Stars - Rosie's Studio
Cork Arrow - Studio Calico
Gems - Love to Craft
Ink - Ranger

No comments:

Post a Comment