Thursday 21 July 2022

Let us Pray

I'm back in San Sebastian, La Gomera, for this page; I have said that I'm creating pages in random order and I mean it!

My page was inspired by Shimelle Laine's Colours and Quadrants class, but it doesn't follow any of her examples in particular. I created my page with four quadrants of paper in two colours and three photos, putting the photos in two separate blocks. 

I often use the name of the building as my title on pages like this, but this church  is La Iglesia de la Virgen de la AsunciĆ³n, and that's a bit of a mouthful. My journalling mentions the fact that Christopher Columbus prayed here before his voyage to the new world and it's that that inspired the much simpler title that I did use.


I used a journalling card next to the top photo and a selection of die-cuts next to the bottom pair, concentrating on the colour blue from the other two quadrants, and adding a few florals, some stars and gems, and a spattering of white mist (which is almost invisible).

Supplies
Cardstock - UK Crafts, Craft Sensations
Paper - Heidi Swapp Carefree
Letters - KaiserCraft
Die-Cuts - Heidi Swapp, Rosie's Studio
Gems - Love to Craft
Puffy Stars - Rosie's Studio
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Big Shot
Dovecraft Label Die
Dovecraft Leaf Die
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment