Friday 15 July 2022

Run North Yorkshire Water Park

Today I'm sharing my latest DT page for Twilight Crafts and Jenny Wren Cut-Files. A few months ago I asked Debbie if she could make a compass, and she came up trumps with this design.

I'd imagined using it in a cruise album, but its first outing was something a bit different from that. We had a holiday in Yorkshire at Easter and did the parkrun at North Yorkshire Water Park on the Saturday. This formed part of the 'Compass Challenge' of completing four events with north, south, east and west in their names, so my compass was the perfect embellishment piece.

I split my page in two, using photos from before and during the run in the two halves, and repeating the large paper layers from one half as smaller pieces in the other. I cut my compass from black cardstock at about 4" across, backed just the centre sections with green, and nestled it against the top photo. All my 12x12 parkrun tourism pages have the title Run [Event Name] so I followed that with RUN on a ticket and the name on washi tape across the middle of the page.


Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill, Craft Sensations
Paper - Simple Stories Hello Today, Pebbles Seen & Noted
Letters - American Crafts, Elle's Studio
Puffy Stickers - MAMBI
Enamel Dots - Simple Stories, Echo Park
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Big Shot & Dovecraft Label Die
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

Disclosure - I received the digital cut-file free of charge from Twilight Crafts. All other supplies are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment