Friday 5 August 2022

Learning to Slide

I'm jumping forward now to Day 7 of Scrap Squad's 10 Days of Summer Scraplifts because Twilight Crafts have an excellent cut-file which works with that scraplift, and I used it for my latest DT page.

The original page by Julie Taylor for Hey Little Magpie has a fan of triangles behind a circular photo, and I used the Wonky Star cut-file for my triangles rather than trying to work out which sizes to cut for myself. I'd originally intended to layer them up in a similar manner to those on Julie's page but once I got going I stayed with the full circle of the cut-file but moved all the pieces closer together.

I used an assortment of Paige Evans papers, cutting the triangles from four patterns which suited the photo of my mum with my son in the park when he was small. That photo was originally 4"x6" but I cut it down to a 3.5" circle which I matted on pale blue cardstock.

With my triangles in place I ran my title around the edge of them following a circular template and went even further from Julie's original page, with just a few puffy stickers for embellishment rather than her much larger cluster.


Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Paige Evans Whimsical, Paige Evans Truly Grateful
Letters - Studio Calico?
Puffy Stickers - Paige Evans, Elle's Studio
Ink - Ranger
Paint - Golden

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circle Templates

Disclosure - I received the digital cut-file free of charge from Twilight Crafts. All other supplies are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment