Saturday 12 August 2023

A New Project - Scandinavia 2023

I know I haven't finished the album for our Canary Islands cruise in 2021 yet, but my slow progress is at least in part because I'm bored of working on it.

So I've decided to put it to one side and start a new album for our latest cruise, Scandinavian Capitals, which we returned from just recently. I've chosen a new collection as the basis for this album, Tourist Mode from Pinkfresh Studio, and have built a larger kit with this collection at the core.

I've bought the 12x12 paper pack, the 6x6 paper pad, puffy stickers, cardstock stickers and enamel dots from Tourist Mode:

I made a previous album, Norway 2019, with the Out and About collection from Pinkfresh Studio; some of the colours and icons from this one are very similar to those in Tourist Mode so I've added my leftovers to the kit. I don't have much (my largest scrap is around 6x12) but they will be useful for die-cutting and tucking in to the layers.


In terms of other collections, I couldn't resist a few pieces from 49 & Market's Vintage Artistry Everywhere. The papers are a completely different style from Pinkfresh Studio, but I think I can mix in the acetate filmstrips, the washi stickers and the enamel shapes. I also bought some simple puffy letter stickers and shape sprinkles from Doodlebug.


One of the reasons that I'm bored of the Canary Islands album is that it's too restrictive. This far through, I haven't done any stitching or used cut-files, and there is minimal mixed media. Therefore, this new album is going to be 'anything goes', a mix of techniques that I hope will form a cohesive whole so long as I repeat each one a few times. 

I have a couple more things that will help with that continuity - a half-sheet of camera print paper (Shimelle Glitter Girl) which I intend to cut up, and a set of Studio Calico stamps which were designed by In a Creative Bubble; these are the same designers that were behind Tourist Mode, and they are a really good match to that collection.

I'll be using other stamp sets too, along with various inks and mists. I'll also be drawing on my scraps and other papers, and once I use something once I'll add it to the kit to repeat it again. I have pulled out far too many washi tapes, but I should be able to narrow those down once I've actually made a few pages. 


No comments:

Post a Comment