Sunday 11 March 2018

Mother's Day Card

Happy Mother's Day to you if you are in the UK or anywhere else where you are celebrating today. I made this card for my mum with the aid of this month's sketch from Stick It Down.

The squares on the card reminded me of my four aperture cards so that's what I used. I backed each opening with patterned paper and used Thickers for the word MUM and a heart. I chose this font from Amy Tangerine as I knew it had hearts in it so I could use one in the fourth window of my card. 



7 comments:

  1. That's perfect for Mothers' Day! I love how you matched the papers diagonally on your card for balance. Beautiful!

    Thanks for using our sketch as inspiration for your card!

    Evelyn, Stick it Down design team

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful take on the sketch! I love the window-like effect with the soft color patterns....love that you put your touch of "stitch lines" on as well. What a lucky "Mum" to receive this beautiful card. Thank you for playing along with Stick It Down. Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mum will love this card. Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down.

    Colleen--DT for SID
    http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is beautiful! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stick It Down! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! Great take on the card sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clean, simple and very pretty! Thanks for joining us this month at Stick It Down!

    Jess - DT
    www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete