Friday 9 March 2018

Now I've Seen It

Last month I blogged a trip to London which I took in order to see Tower Bridge opening. I combined it with some scavenger hunting, but it really was mostly a trip to see the bridge and I didn't wait long to scrapbook it.

I considered a two photo page since I'd seen the bridge open twice, but the difference in viewpoint was awkward to manage, so I went for my favourite single photo. There's very little colour in it, with blue-greys in the water, the sky and the bridge itself, so I decided on a monochromatic page. 

I knew I wanted to use stamps somewhere on the page as that was the last of the stash-busting challenges from Lottie Loves Paper for February so I considered stamping and painting a white cardstock background. However I also felt that I needed something a little more substantial between the photo and any stamping or painting. A little search among sketch challenges turned up this one from Let's Get Sketchy with one main strip of paper and hints of mixed media on the background.

I used one colour of distress ink (Stormy Sky) for all of this page, using it to edge my paper, to stamp tiny icons across the page and mixed with water to paint in random stripes.




I stamped the open chevron for the triangles in the sketch (though I really wish I'd managed to keep them straight) and then added a mixture of stars, hearts, geotags, cameras, cogs and anchors. I kept the title subtle with small grey letter stickers and journalled in grey pen.

Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - Studio Calico Take Note
Letters - Basic Grey
Ink - Ranger 
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Wooden Stamp Set
Studio Calico Stamp Set

No comments:

Post a Comment