Wednesday 21 March 2018

Personalised Graffiti

I've had computer issues recently which have separated me from my cruise photos, so I'm turning to older pictures instead. (N.B. my cruise photos are backed up, so they're not lost, but the backup is unsorted; the photos on my PC are sorted by destination and into sets planned for different pages so I'd rather wait than repeat that work.)

I have more unfinished scrapbooks in my study than finished scrapbooks in the lounge where people might actually look at them, so I'm going to concentrate on finishing off 2014, as I don't think that will take too long. 2014 was an oddity in that I tried to include more everyday happenings within the albums via 4x6 cards in divided page protectors. I started out well enough, but the photo-taking dropped off after a few months and I got frustrated with making the divided pages sit in the right places in the albums for a coherent story.

I've gone back to the albums now, nearly three years since I did much 2014 scrapping, and tried to get them organised. I've ditched some of the really mundane 4x6 cards and rearranged others so they fit the space better. There was one card that I really wished I had scrapped as 12x12 so I've taken the photo off it, printed two more that add to the story and made this page:



The photos come from a walk beside the River Thames where I'd gone to look at the street art painted on the river wall; I was somewhat surprised to find my own name emblazoned on it. The main colours in the photo are really bright with a mix of orange, yellow, blue and green - not colours I normally use together - but they reminded me of an old paper that was languishing in my 'rejects' box awaiting disposal. The colours in this old paper were perfect, but the pattern was very bold, almost too bold. However I followed some of the principles from Shimelle Laine's 'Clear the Desk' class to pick coordinating single-colour papers to break up and tone down all that colour and pattern.

Supplies
Paper - Paper Adventures Françoise, Junkitz Winter, Craft Creations, Heidi Swapp 
Letters - American Crafts
Vellum - from Stash
Tag - Papermania
Word Stickers - Crate Paper, American Crafts
Puffy Stickers - Fancy Pants, American Crafts/Amy Tangerine
Ink - Hobbycraft
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
American Crafts Notebook Border Punch
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template
X-Cut Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment