Friday 23 March 2018

Taming the Triffid

The triffid of my title is a fast-growing rose bush in our garden that needs to be cut back regularly in order to stop it taking over. It's normally my job, but on this occasion I persuaded the children to help with it. I had three photos which I cropped to squares, originally intending to run them in a row across the page, but then I switched to a column instead. 

I chose my background paper first and then rummaged through my scraps box for strips of coordinating papers to layer up next to and behind my column of photos. I planned to place my title and journalling on the opposite side and hunted high and low for flowers to embellish the page without much luck. However I did turn up an old leafy die-cut that had exactly the same colour background as my page and could nestle against my journalling. From there I kept it simple with a few puffy hearts and phrase stickers.



Supplies
Paper - Fancy Pants Winterland, Authentique, Basic Grey, Hot Off the Press, My Mind's Eye
Letters - Pebbles, Glitz Design
Die Cut - My Mind's Eye
Puffy Stickers - Studio Calico
Phrase Stickers - Cosmo Cricket
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment