Sunday 20 May 2018

Dara Live

As soon as I saw this month's single page sketch at Stick It Down, I knew that I wanted to turn it into a rainbow with stiching in between the sectors. I considered full-on mixed media, but thought that I'd be likely to smear the colours together when I really wanted a crisp line between them, so I settled on using ink pads with a stars mask, plus a liberal spattering of gold mist. 

I made the background without really thinking about a photo and ended up plumping for one of Dara O Briain who we saw live at the Cliffs Pavilion recently in his 'Voice of Reason' show.


This would also have been an entry into FTLOPP's challenge to make a page using only scissors for all our cutting needs, BUT I forgot that when I got to the title and used my Silhouette for the word 'live'. Whoops. 

Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - My Mind's Eye Now and Then
PL Card - Summer Mini Kit
Letters - Collage Press
Enamel Stars - American Crafts/Shimelle
Ink - Ranger, Memento

Tools
Creative Embellishments Stars Mask
Silhouette Portrait
American Crafts Date Stamp

3 comments:

  1. Great job of using the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down.

    Colleen--DT for SID
    http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colourful background, I too do the same thing at times, have fun creating the background and then have to look for a photo that fits. Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down.

    Helen - DT for SID

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amanda, I like your idea for the division of colors and the stitching in between. I love the look of stitching but I just can't do it myself. Thanks for playing with SID :)

    ReplyDelete