Wednesday 16 May 2018

Young at Heart

This page had been fizzing round my head for a few weeks before National Scrapbooking Day, and I was sure that it would work for one of the upcoming challenges. I scrapped a photo of myself, I used lots of die-cuts, I used a song  for my title and I featured numbers. 

But, NONE of these came up on the challenge sites I follow! Last Monday, once all the challenges had been posted, I decided to make the page anyway, and did manage to fit it to a colour challenge at Hey Little Magpie, where they asked us to use two colours that were roughly opposites on the colour wheel. My aqua and yellowy orange aren't quite opposites, but close enough.

I've had this pack of die-cuts for ages and only used a few as they never seem to match my pages once I reach the choosing embellishments part. When I realised how good a match they are for the colours in the numbers paper, I kept the two together and resolved to use as many die-cuts as possible all in one go. Now I only have the green, grey and coral ones left.


The photo is me on a swing in the Lake District; I can't resist a swing even at my age, and why should I?

Supplies
Paper - Pink Paislee Paige Evans, My Mind's Eye Fine & Dandy, My Mind's Eye Collectable, My Mind's Eye Necessities
Die Cuts & Puffy Stickers - Jillibean Soup
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Silhouette Portrait



No comments:

Post a Comment