Saturday 27 October 2018

Inner City

This is the last of my pages from Casablanca in both senses of the word, the last one to be made and the last page in this section of the album before we moved on to Cรกdiz the next day. 

It's a double from the old medina, the original walled city, based on this month's double sketch from Stick It Down. I had more landscape photos than portrait so I cropped some to squares and rearranged them compared to the sketch, but my paper layers are almost the same.

The photos on the left of the page are the quiet residential streets of the medina, while those on the right show the colours and bustle of the market streets.


This was one of those pages where I tried multiple selections of papers with the photographs but nothing looked quite right. The colours in the market really didn't suit the palette that I'd chosen for the album, so eventually I pulled in a couple of ancient papers from my stash for the background, though the rest of them did come from my album kit. 

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Bo Bunny Day Dream, Bo Bunny Early Bird, Prima Zella Teal, Kaisercraft Finders Keepers, Studio Calico, 
      My Mind's Eye Just Splendid, American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Better Together
Letters - October Afternoon
Stickers - OneCanoeTwo
Washi Tape - Tesco, Pretty My Page
Gems - Simply Creative
Ink - Memento
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Big Shot
Provocraft Alphabet Dies
X-Cut Hexagon Die
Spellbinders Circle Die
X-Cut Travel Dies

7 comments:

  1. Fun two pager. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    Colleen--DT for SID
    http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute layout :) Cute take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us over at Stick It Down.
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layout! I love how you utilised the space to fit all the photos and the journaling in! I love using double page sketches for travel layouts! Thanks for scrapping along with us at SID!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! I am loving those patterned papers! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Layout, I love exploring new cities. Thanks for joining us over on Stick It Down.

    Terri xxx (SID DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely job with the paper selection, sometimes it takes a little extra time. Must have been a fabulous trip! Great job using our sketch at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you made the sketch work with your photos. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete