Saturday 6 October 2018

Make a Wish

I'd thought that I'd be scrapping holiday photos for weeks yet, but this sketch from Lottie Loves Paper popped up on my Facebook wall and I had the perfect non-holiday photos to go with it so I diverted.

My mother-in-law recently turned 70 and her sons organised a surprise birthday lunch for her. I only took a few photos, and this one of her blowing out the candles on her cake came out really well.

I started my page by spattering it with four colours of mist which I tried to keep in a central band. Then I sketched and stitched three lines across the page before adding the photos. I copied the stamped butterflies directly from the sketch and then scattered punched flowers and sequins along the stitched lines.


I'm not a great lover of sequins, though they do work well on this page, so I'm also adding this page to one of the Alpha Relay challenges in For the Love of Pretty Paper. S is for Sequins was one of earlier weeks of the relay but I didn't do it at the time and it would be nice to do them all eventually. 

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill, Papermania
Paper - Pink Paislee Moonstruck
Letters - Basic Grey
Doily & Sequins - from Advent Swap
Embroidery Thread - DMC
Gems - Cloud 9
Ink - Memento
Mist - Mister Huey's, Cosmic Shimmer, Heidi Swapp, Docrafts

Tools
Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch
Craft Creative Flower Punch
Dovecraft Butterfly Stamp


1 comment: