Tuesday 30 October 2018

Ready & Waiting

Having now finished the Casablancan section of my cruise album, I'm back with a page from the following day as we approached CádizOur day there was a very special one, only the second time that all four ships of the Fred.Olsen fleet have been in the same port at the same time. The photos show Boudicca and Braemar already docked, with Black Watch manoeuvring ahead of us to moor between them.

I used a sketch from Let's Get Sketchy, which I rotated in part. My photos are 4x6 landscapes so I rotated those on the sketch, but I kept the strips behind them as vertical. With my  photo block being taller, I extended the strips to the full height of the page and rotated the ones at the top/bottom to become just one on the right which repeats the stripes in my paper layers on the left. There wasn't really room for my title at the bottom of the page, so I moved it to the right, and added a journalling card below it as there was no space indicated for journalling on the sketch.



I'm also entering my page into this month's moodboard-inspired challenge at Hey Little Magpie. I'm not normally a fan of moodboards but the colours in this one match with those of my cruise album and I also copied the arrow shape from the top of the board onto my journalling card. 

Finally, the page fits perfectly into the latest Alpha Relay challenge at For the Love of Pretty Paper, where it's 'N is for Night' this week.

Supplies
Paper - Basic Grey B Side, Simple Stories Post, One CanoeTwo Creekside
Journalling Card - Project Life
Puffy Stars - Pinkfresh Studio
Enamel Dots - Doodlebug
Washi Tape - Little B
Ink - Memento
Mist - Docrafts

Tools

Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Big Shot & Little B Arrows Dies


8 comments:

  1. Cool photos of the ships! Must have been a wonderful trip for sure! Love how you made the sketch your won! Thanks for joining the OCT Challenge @ LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos and wonderful job! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the challenge. Great photos. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous take on the sketch. Love how you changed up the sketch to make it your own. Thanks for joining us at Lets Get Sketchy. Deb xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done... Thanks for playing along with Let's Get Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Thanks for joining us Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a cool work. Thanks for joining us Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete