Wednesday 24 October 2018

Local Colour

When we were exploring Casablanca, I was struck by the street art on some of the apartment buildings. These artworks were so detailed and totally unexpected. I have four photos to scrap, and printed them at 4x6 even though that meant that they would take up the majority of my page. I could have gone smaller, but these were huge paintings and I didn't want to lose the impact of their size.

I trimmed each photo slightly so that I could mat them, used a border punch on one side of that mat, and ran a washi strip down the other side. I wanted a subtle background paper that wouldn't compete with the photos and was happy to find this soft grey with spots in colours that match the washi people.



Supplies
Paper - American Crafts/Dear Lizzy Serendipity, Pink Paislee Atlas, Crate Paper Snow and Cocoa
Letters - Pebbles
Washi Strip - Crate Paper/Paige Evans Turn the Page
Die Cut - Crate Paper/Paige Evans Turn the Page
Sticker - American Crafts/Dear Lizzy Lovely Day
Enamel Dots - Freckled Fawn, Pretty My Page
Ink - Memento

Tools
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template

No comments:

Post a Comment