Thursday 22 November 2018

Castillo de Santa Catalina

We're still in Cádiz for this page, and it comes from the same walk along the coast as the last one I shared. This time we are at the Castillo de Santa Catalina, one of a series of fortifications built to protect this coastal town from alien invaders.


I had printed five photos ready to scrap them as a single block, and I chose to work with this month's sketch from Let's Get Sketchy. The original sketch has just one row of photos, but it was quite adaptable to a larger block with the various paper strips running behind it.

The stencilled background was my response to another challenge in the Winter Olympic Games series at For the Love of Pretty Paper. This one was based on the freestyle nature of snowboarding, and we had to go 'freestyle' with our pages by using mixed media.


I've tried to avoid the 'obvious' titles in this album (apart from the divider pages with each city's name) but found that difficult here and ended up using the name of the fort. I wanted the word 'Castillo' to be in a cursive script with the rest in tiles below but I exhausted my entire collection of alpha stickers without finding a set in a suitable size and colour. I ended up cutting this on the Silhouette, and I do kick myself for turning to this machine as a last resort rather than my first option when I know exactly what I want for my page.

Supplies
Cardstock - The Range
Paper - OneCanoeTwo Twilight, American Crafts/Amy Tangerine, American Crafts/Shimelle, Pinkfresh Studio, Kaisercraft
Letters - October Afternoon
Mistable Stars - Studio Calico
Washi Tape - Pretty My Page
Star Gems - Simply Creative
Ink - Memento, Versa Magic
Mist - Heidi Swapp

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Big Shot & Dovecraft Label Punch
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
The Works Roller Stamp

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos--well done with this sketch! Thanks for joining us @ LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whooo! I love seeing travel pages! This fort looks amazing! Great job with the sketch too! Thanks for playing at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Let's Get Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch, love the beautiful photo's it looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at LGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic photos and great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in with us this month at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the background! Thank you for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch and beautiful pictures!Thank you so much for joining us at LGS❤️

    ReplyDelete