Monday 19 November 2018

Explore the Coast

I'm getting most of my holiday photos professionally printed, which means deciding on their sizes and the potential layouts in advance. I decided to scraplift myself for this page, picking on Take a Hike that I made in the summer from Shimelle's Layer on Layer on Layer class.

I changed things slightly for the new page, which has pictures from a walk round the coast in Cádiz. Firstly, I moved the title panel up to the top, as I generally prefer my journalling to be lower on the page than my title; secondly, I moved the embellishments around to form a triangle around the page rather than having the three repeating clusters by the photos.

I'm really pleased to have used the acrylic word 'explore' as it sat in my album kit for the whole of my last cruise album and never got used. Finally it has a place here.



Despite deciding on page design in advance, I still managed to complete a challenge with this page. It was another from the Stashbusting Facebook group's Harry Potter-themed crop, this time based on the Room of Requirement. We were asked to use one or more of: the tic-tac-toe board; seven of something (because the room is on the seventh floor); three photo mats (because you have to walk past the room three times to have it appear). I chose the first column of the tic-tac-toe (white cardstock, washi tape and blue) and also used seven small star gems.


Supplies
Cardstock - The Works
Paper - Simple Stories Posh, Studio Calico, Pebbles/Jen Hadfield, KaiserCraft Touch of Gold
Acrylic Word - Freckled Fawn
Letters - Jillibean Soup
Washi Tape - Pink Paislee/Paige Evans, Unknown Others
Die Cuts - Pink Paislee/Paige Evans Turn the Page
Mistable Stars - Studio Calico
Star Gems - Simply Creative
Enamel Dots - Pretty My Page
Ink - Memento
Mist - Heidi Swapp

Tools
Big Shot, X-Cut Anchor Die & X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
American Crafts/Shimelle Word Stamps


No comments:

Post a Comment