Thursday 1 November 2018

Warhol-ish

I am trying to scrapbook one city at a time from our cruise, but sometimes a challenge comes along that interrupts that plan. The latest was the October sketch from For the Love of Pretty Paper, which has a very messy look. 

I thought that it would work well for a photo of the two of us from the Andy Warhol exhibition at Málaga's Picasso Museum. That photo has only four colours and I followed them for my page, but it's a very different colour scheme from the rest of my cruise album so I'm now thinking of moving this page to my annual 2018 album instead.

I started off by holding my page vertically, spraying it with mist and allowing it to run down the page. Once dry, I added my photo, some torn washi tape and the title. I wasn't sure how to embellish the page as I didn't want to distract from the paint, but I went with tone-on-tone enamel hearts and stars in the end. My last decision was to cut the page down a bit and back it with a turquoise spotty paper.



Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - My Mind's Eye Cut & Paste, Pink Paislee Moonstruck
Letters - American Crafts
Washi Tape - Tesco
Enamel Shapes - American Crafts/Shimelle, Stampin' Up!
Ink - Memento
Mist - Maya Road, Mister Huey's, Studio Calico, Tattered Angels


No comments:

Post a Comment