Monday 5 November 2018

Celebrate

This is a companion page to the last one I blogged, and both are from our silver wedding anniversary party. There were actually two weeks between me making the two pages, partly due to my photo-printing service loses my photos at first, but that delay meant that I could make the page fit three different challenges from the month. 

The first was the October challenge from Lottie Loves Paper, which was to use one of the words Birthday, Party, Celebrate or Cake in a page title. With the photos being from a party, I had mentally titled the page 'Celebrate' even before the challenge popped up. The second was a new challenge from UK Scrappers; the 'Friday Five' from 12 October was to use photos with five or more people, washi tape, a vertical title, some glitter and the theme of a get-together. Finally Gemma Steele hosted a cyber-crop in her Stashbusting Facebook group recently and her first challenge was to use something metal or metallic and/or her sketch. I used her sketch, but it morphed a bit, and have silver letters and mist for my metallic items.

Before our party, I was browsing our original wedding photos, and I was struck by one particular group photo where everyone was throwing confetti over us. It was a more natural photo than most of the others, and one that I decided to replicate at the party with party poppers rather than confetti this time.



As this was a companion page to the last one, I used similar supplies. I took the same hearts cut file but shrank it down and replicated it to make a column of hearts this time. I'd backed it with a 6x6 floral print previously, and now I used the same print in 12x12 for my background. I also used the same letter stickers, doily, puffy hearts and gems as before.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Dovecraft Eastern Promise, K & Company, My Mind's Eye Chalk Studio, Pink Paislee Moonstruck
Letters - American Crafts
Doily - Advent Calendar Swap
Word Stickers - Tim Holtz
Puffy Hearts - Studio Calico
Gems - Simply Creative
Ink - Memento
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Silhouette Portrait & SCT Hearts Cutfile
Big Shot, Quickutz Tab Die & Spellbinders Circle Die
American Crafts Scallop Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment